Let's see, what's happened in the last 2 months... plenty I suppose but I won't bore you w/ too many details. We've really been enjoying the beautiful weather and my garden has too! We're enjoying lots of delicious lettuces, cilantro, and onions so far- can't wait for peppers and tomatoes. Yummy. Although I now understand why they call plant places "nurseries" now. They demand quite a bit of TLC!
I am currently training for a half-marathon to be held here in Ft Wayne in September... running much more than I ever believed my body could handle. And the crazy part is, I'm actually really loving it!
In a couple of wks I will start watching my niece Jayda (2 1/2) and her brother Trey (~3 mos) three days a wk. I'm really looking forward to it and my kids are too. It will be fun to watch them interact and also to make a little extra money. I'm a bit nervous about having 5 kids under 5 but it'll be great.
This past wk everyone has been fighting some sort of respiratory bug but I think we're on the upswing.Syler is doing great- growing up so quickly it seems. His mouth sores have gone away completely it appears- thank GOD! And he is in the throws of potty-training.... just sort of clicked finally! Kenzie will start preschool this fall so that's kinda the big thing for her right now. There are renters in my in-laws' house right now accross the street and she LOVES playing w/ their daughter who is 6. Melody seems to be changing the most though.... stubborn as ever and communicating better than either of the other 2 did at this age. She acts like she's 3 already!
Jonathan preached at our church today and he did a GREAT job! Thank you Lord that I married such an honorable man... He's been on vacation all this past wk so we've been getting all sorts of fun things done- changing banks, painting things, working outside, going to parks. I've sooooo appreciated the extra hands around here to help me w/ the kids! Hopefully I remember how to do this all by myself when he's back to work :)
Well, hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July! I'm going to take a nap while everyone else is!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great to hear from you! I was just thinking about you and your family yesterday. First, I'm thinking about painting my kitchen cabinets and thought I'd send you an email with some questions...so keep an eye out for that soon. Also, was thinking Joel and I should take a trip to Ft. Wayne soon so we can see you all. Glad your summer is going well and that you had a nice week with Jonathan home! Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete