Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow, has it seriously been a month since I was on here? Time flies during the holidays I suppose! Not a lot of time to update at the moment but I wanted to let you know that Syler will have another colonoscopy on the 14th to double check the what was found during the barium test he had. The found some inflammation at the end of his small intestine during it and want to see for themselves what is going on. Plus his vitamins still aren't being absorbed properly according to his lab work. The DNA test he had came back negative but apparently that doesn't really mean much according to his GI doctor. So here we sit at basically the same junction we've been at for a while now. I'll let you know what we find out on the 14th!

Our Christmas and New Year's were absolutely wonderful... lots of time w/ family and friends which always makes the holidays special. The kids are at such fun ages too-- we had a sleepover by the tree on Christmas Eve which I'm guessing will become a tradition. I just love this time of year...

We also had some photos taken as a family -- a portrait package I won at a mom's night out I went to w/ my sweet friend Lillian. I'll try to post a few of them...









3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are awesome Abby! Especially love the family one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!! They are GREAT!! :)) It sounds like Syler did have the Prometheus Serology 7 test.. mine came back negative as well. It really sounds like Crohn's from what you've said. I can't absorb anything orally either. I take iron thru IV treatments when it gets low because even taking 20 pills a day, it won't help me. My crohn's is located at the terminal ilieum (or where it used to be since it was removed in my bowel resection) which is where the small bowel connects to the large bowel/colon. I really hope Syler gets on a treatment plan soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures! Gorgeous family, and fantastic photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete